RunwayMap is a new pilot community all about the passion of flying. You can view flight videos, reviews and photos from other pilots as well as share your flying experiences. We have collected important information on every airport: frequencies, webcams, weather forecasts, 3D views and much more. Free for iPhone, iPad and Android.
Where do you want to fly next? Get inspired
Search for ICAO/name and filter by various criteria
Share your flight videos, reviews, photos and experiences
Aviation weather, webcams, runways, frequencies and much more
Private pilots share their experiences on RunwayMap: Tips for an ideal approach, special features at an airfield, restaurant recommendations and more. You will find landing videos, photos of trips and detailed pilot reports.
You can also share your experiences and easily post pictures, reports and videos of your flights.
Select and save your flight ideas on the map. You can export the next flight destinations directly to ForeFlight or Garmin Pilot.
With just a few clicks, add your flight documents, such as the Jeppesen approach charts, FAA terminal procedures and aiport diagrams, airway manuals or the Garmin pilot’s guide. That way you always have them close at hand.
Current weather data, visual flight conditions and wind forecasts
VFR flight weather shown according to GAFOR scheme
Get weather data for the next five days - clearly arranged on the map
Our app is free for iPhone, iPad and Android. Download now and discover interesting airports in your area. Still have questions?
RunwayMap is an app by pilots for pilots and complements moving maps such as ForeFlight, Jeppesen and Garmin Pilot. You can search for flight destinations, get information on the airports and share your experiences and flight reports with other pilots.
RunwayMap currently has the following features:
• Search by name or ICAO to discover new airports
• Receive important information such as the current weather, address, position, runways, and frequencies
• Mark and save what airports you’ve already flown to or those you’d like to fly to next
• Save your personal notes for every airport
• You can export the next flight destinations directly to ForeFlight or Garmin Pilot
• Current weather reports, visual flight conditions und wind forecasts are shown on our map.
• Furthermore, with Weather PLUS you get a 5-day forecast
• Discover restaurants and hotels near the airport
• Get informed about fuel, public transport and car rental offers
3D & Satellite Views
• Check out the airport environment in 3D and satellite views
• Use the OpenStreetMap view for detailed vehicle access information
• Create your RunwayMap profile to save personal marks and notes
• This will synchronize RunwayMap across your devices
• With just a few clicks, add your flight documents, such as the Jeppesen approach charts, FAA terminal procedures and airport diagrams, airway manuals or the Garmin pilot’s guide. That way you always have them close at hand
• Use the handy calculator for conversions for distance, weight, temperature, and more
• Have it display your QNH and QFE
• On RunwayMap, you can find current and interesting news for private pilots
Want more features? Then send us your ideas for new features. Feedback Form
RunwayMap is not a tool for flight planning. It is an app that allows you to discover new airports and get ideas for places to fly to.
Please note the following important points:
• RunwayMap is not intended to provide aeronautical information or navigation aids. For navigation purposes, we strongly recommend using only approved and updated aviation information such as ForeFlight, Jeppesen or Garmin Pilot.
• The weather data shown in RunwayMap is only general information about possible weather development. It does not replace professional weather briefing by an official body before the flight.
• QFE and QNH are calculated based on the current local pressure and the GPS altitude by the sensors installed in your smartphone or tablet. They may differ from the real values and should not be used for flight navigation.